[lit-ideas] Re: Paranoia

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:36:35 -0800 (PST)

--- Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Effective immediately, Julie and I have signed up
> for a 12-year stint in the Peace Corps.
> Julie asked that we be sent to the most desolate
> region where not even electricity exists.
>
> See you in 12 years,

12 years, no electricity... Julie, I think he just
signed you up for a tour of duty in Iraq. Andreas,
I've heard the job market is though, but what are your
ideals worth? (Just trying to get the going rate for
mine. They may be pink but I hold them dear, so
serious offers only.)

I tried to do the god test, but my proxy sent "a bad
request" the server "could not understand". I'm
pondering the theological implications of this, but
apperently I need to have direct contact to God. Just
one more reason why being a Lutherian sucks.

Speaking of proxies, unless you run your own email
server such as mail.andreas.com, I don't see why you
would need to have outbound SMTP enabled. Simple Mail
Transfer Protocol is something mail servers use to
communicate with each other, if you just have a mail
client like 99% us do, you are using IMAP or something
like that to connect to your mail server. The ISPs
propably blocked it to stop mail servers on hijacked
computers sending spam out.

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland