[lit-ideas] Re: Panic Attack Rant with Crickets

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:48:41 +0100

While I won't dispute that cricket has more complexity than baseball, or seems to anyway, such being my ignorance of team sports, I think the name is a definite turn-off.

I'm not sure that cricket is more complex than baseball. Baseball is pretty complex. I mean, does cricket have an infield fly rule? I thought not.

I've been meaning to construct a message detailing the differences between cricket and baseball.

But I wrote a novel instead.

Less seriously, you have to consider, for example, the variety of shots played in cricket, the variety of bowling actions, the fielding strategy, and finally, and perhaps most importantly, the complexity of...tea.

In other words, it's not just the rules, but the manner and style of play.

Perhaps if Robert could list all the shot types in baseball...

Simon
The Village Green