[lit-ideas] P.S.Re: PS3

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:40:37 EST

I just took another look at eBay PS3's -- if you choose to look at "ending
soonest" (there are options -- lowest price first, highest price first, etc.),
I  see a bid for $3,000 with four minutes to go.  Several for a couple grand
with a matter of minutes to go.  Next highest bid to the $250,000 is  someone
who bid $50,000 on another seller's item.  Capitalism at work, I  guess.
Bizarre.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: PS3  Date:
11/19/2006 11:24:46 A.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Hey! That's *Fox* news.

I am  contrite....

>I use  eBay quite a
> bit (selling and  buying) and they have pretty strict rules and
regulations
> about, say,  signing on under a different user name and bidding
against yourself
>  to raise the price.

I was thinking more of a hoax bid from someone who  wasn't a
seller.

I found the PS3s on ebay,   I saw a winning  bid of (I can't find
it now!,
anyway, say $1400) and an average sale price  of $1048.  This
mailer's
refusing to copy/paste so I can't give the  url

Judy Evans,  Cardiff