[lit-ideas] Out Of Context

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:06:14 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2009 4:52:03 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx writes:
My intention was to  suggest
context.

----

Of course! I was only teasing.  Incidentally, that's my mode on this list.
Unless I write, "earnestly", which  means _earnestly_.

Course 'Brits' is lovely. Argies is lovely too, and  Yanks.

One day I was at a bar in Buenos Aires, and a Yank was offended. I  heard
him say to the other, "This argie called me chunkie". I intervened before
the quarrel, and said, "No, he said, 'Yank', but pronounced it the 'Argentine
way', i.e. wrong'.

Originally, Yankee is Jan Kees, a Dutch name for John  Cheese.

Cheers,

JLS

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!