[lit-ideas] Re: Ousia, Essentia

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:54:15 +0600

Walter O. wrote:

"It's been a rough day. And the summer wine heat on the Rock has been
unbearable.  I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale .. or to the cool shades of
the steppes in Kazakhstan."

Unfortunately, Walter would not find any respite here on the steppes
of Kazakhstan. For long periods of time, the temperature hovers in the
low 30's, with a plus or minus added for the appropriate season. But
it is a dry 30's.

However, in a week I will be enjoying the delights, and pleasant
weather, of Paris. I would be happy to share a bottle of Glen's liver
in a cafe along the Seine, should Walter be vorhandensein.

Walter:

"In thatness & whatness and substantialist metaphysics of simple
presence (Isn't there a song like that?)"

Surely Walter is thinking of that classic song which combines
'thatness', with the declaration, "Here I am", and 'whatness', with
the assertion, "rock you like a hurricane". Or is it the other way
around? Either way, you've got lots of presence going on.

Phil