[lit-ideas] Re: Orange Bowl party planned for whenever Castro dies

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:58:01 -0600

I did read that, Ursula, but found it a distinction without a difference. The government is the people and given the circumstances of that community I fail to see your point. You called this despicable and depraved that the city would have anything to do with it but the grievance understandable. So, if I understand you right, the employment sector of the people concerned is what makes it despicable and depraved?

On Jan 31, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Ursula Stange wrote:

You accuse other people of not reading carefully, but you are guilty yourself. I was dismayed at the 'official planning' of such a celebration. I wrote quite clearly : "Private people with a fifty-year grievance celebrating, I could understand, but the city fathers? "