[lit-ideas] Re: Ontilogical vs. Onticological

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:22:17 +0900

On 2004/07/07, at 2:42, dsavory@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It=81fs fascinating to me to
> learn how it is people commit to worldviews and ignore whatever lurks=20=

> in the
> shadow thrown by whatever monolith they orient to.

David,

You are, whether you know it or not, an anthropologist.

When you ask, "Do these voices tell us more about the son than the=20
mother?" the conventional answer is surely, "Yes," the conversation=20
then turning to what it is that we are told, something concerning=20
psychopathology, or social relations, or world-views, etc., etc.

To me your note suggests another question: Why, if the mother appeared=20=

and spoke plainly, would her son be inclined to listen more to her than=20=

he did in everyday life? Do spooks speak strangely simply to get our=20
attention?

John

John L. McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.