[lit-ideas] Re: One fewer god

  • From: Jack Spratt <dosflounder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:22:28 -0700 (PDT)

"If you examine all the alternative possibilities to gods (including Marx, Mao,
Hitler and Washington) you will see why gods are difficult to dismiss."

  J.S.

    The one thing we lack is a handy utopia.

Andreas Ramos <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you
understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why
I dismiss
yours."

yrs,
andreas