[lit-ideas] Re: On who lied about WMDs?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:30:29 -0700

The congress critters and the US press all chose to hide behind the argument "We saw the intelligence!"

That's a lousy excuse.

Before the fiasco started, the Pentagon gave the UN inspectors a list of 500 sites in Iraq. These were inspected. Nothing was found. The White House invaded anyway.

They pretended to "believe in the intelligence" in order to have an excuse for war.

Many Democrats also pretended to accept the intelligence so they wouldn't be branded as anti-war. If a politician said no to a popular war, he would lose his seat in Congress. So they "believed the intelligence" and voted for the war.

And now they say "well, that was the intelligence".

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>