[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:04:50 -0700

From: "Lawrence Helm"

No, no, no. That's not true.

What we've got here is a failure to communicate. The problem, Lawrence, is that you won't state clearly what you want. You oppose what others say, or you constantly change the issue. To me, it's obvious why you do this: you can't come out and say that you want war. So, you say you want peace, but it'll take a nice little war to get that.

C'mon, Lawrence. Say it loud and say it proud. Tell us what you want and how you expect to get there.

Do you really want eternal peace? One day, eveyone on earth will be Californians, and we can get rid of weapons and the miltiary forever? Or do you hope there'll be more wars? Do you think it's human nature to have wars?

And this liberal society: is that what you really want? You really want a world filled wall-to-wall with Mike Gearys? Don't give me that "liberal societies are free to choose", because you don't like it when people choose to be liberals, leftists, marxists, or whatever. Tell me what this future global society will be like.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com