[lit-ideas] On the brighter side

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:45:21 -0700 (PDT)

I know I've been a bit depressing about this peak oil thing.  I'm getting frustrated with it myself.  I've been following it for a while and it seems like there's a lot of catastrophizing but nothing really changes.  Oil prices are high, but speculation is rampant and the dollar is sinking.  Basically it seems to be political problems, which I think ASPO (Association for the Study of Peak Oil) confirmed.  Anyway, here's a study from CERA (Cambridge Energy Research Associates that might brighten things up.  It is dated 2006 but the research really wouldn't change that much.  You pays your money, you takes your choice...

http://www.cera.com/aspx/cda/public1/news/pressReleases/pressReleaseDetails.aspx?CID=8444