[lit-ideas] Re: On misunderstandings and dialogue

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:49:49 +0200

Well again, the 'traditional view' holds that the Jews in the Ottoman
Empire, far from being permitted to do only manual work, played a key role
in its foreign trade. A few links below.

https://jewishhistory.research.wesleyan.edu/i-jewish-population/5-ottoman-empire/
http://books.google.me/books?

http://sephardichorizons.org/Volume1/Issue3/SecondGoldenAge.html

id=ScsUAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=jewish+merchants+in+ottoman+empire&source=bl&ots=yE9HYC1Kxc&sig=1iqZBsT5qF2hdN5TzM2IoVQkmgA&hl=en&sa=