[lit-ideas] Re: On linguistic and genetic uncertainty

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:06:28 +0200

The fact that English is a kind of global language is no doubt convenient
for the native Anglophones, but IMO it's livable with for the others.
Having to learn one foreign language is still easier than having to learn
hundreds, which would be the requirement in a globalized world without a
global language. No doubt there are drawbacks to this as well.

O.K.