[lit-ideas] Re: On being called a Lyre [dilemmas]

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:29:06 -0230

I'm in general aggreement with SC below though I would specify "scientism" to
refer to the eroneous application of scientific methods and procedures to
domains of meaning and truth that are not "get-at-able" via such methods and
procedures. Moral judgement being one of them.

But I quickly add that I do not view philosophy or any other form of inquiry or
practice as being "primary ..." Such a claim sounds religious to me.

Walter O.
MUN

Quoting cblists@xxxxxxxx: