[lit-ideas] Re: On being called a Lyre

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:23:58 -0700

There you go.  It must have been a Freudian slip indicating that I'm already
starting to turn back into a Leftist.

It was Alexander, not McCain, who was younger than Palin - when he set off
to conquer the world.  I think McCain is too old to conquer the world.   And
Palin wouldn't want to.  That other guy now . . . think about it.  What's to
prevent his running for emperor of the EU at the same time he's president of
the U.S.?  Nothing.  And he'd get elected - by the EU - I'm not so sure
about here.

Or, Plan B: if he isn't elected here.  He could become elected as emperor of
the EU and fulfill De Gaul's & Chirac's dream of making the EU a
counterbalance to the U.S.  The Europeans would go for it.  He could then
threaten us with sanctions if we didn't become more Leftist over here.  . .
although I don't know what he could withhold from us that we want.  There
must be something we want or need from Europe.  I just can't think of
anything at the moment. . . wait!   My espresso . . . no, I just checked.
That comes from Trader Joes.

Lawrence