[lit-ideas] Re: Oil Prices

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:57:13 -0400

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oil prices were up to nearly $120 a barrel and are now
>  trading at around $112 a barrel.  T.Boone Pickens lost
>  20% of his hedge fund betting prices would go down
>  because of the recession, and prices went up, then he
>  bet prices would go up and they're coming down.

There's actually a guy who ISN'T a character in a Hollywood movie
named T. Boone Pickens? And he's a rich-ass old Okie cracker? WOW... I
love it when stereotypes come to life. I love it even more when
ramblin gamblin men lose it all on the same thing that made them rich.
Go for it Boone!

>  He's  now investing in wind farms.  The below is only the
>  oil trading price link.  I heard in a discussion that
>  for every decrease in one barrel of oil use by the
>  U.S., there's a 14 barrel increase in use by the rest
>  of the world.  That doesn't explain why prices are
>  coming down. Maybe it's just good news?

Ah, come off it, put away your rose-coloured shades and remain the
cynic you yearn to be, there's no such thing as "good news"!

Enjoying the Shodden Freud (just for you, Phil),
Siggy's Bootstrap

p.s. can an 80 year old really still legitimately refer to himself as "Junior"?