[lit-ideas] Oh to be in San Diego, now that the Treks are on sale

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 02:58:48 -0500

Buy American! Get out of those gas-guzzling, petrodollar trap, fumeboxes and buy a good bike.

This one is similar to my first NYC bike, which I used for commuting through four miles of midtown Manhattan, for the Central Park circuit, for exploring, and for riverside tours of the island. It's as gentle as holding a baby's hand on the level, and it has climbing gears that can take you up a thirty-degree incline without breaking a real sweat. You might need toughie tube-liners for the city's broken glass and vagabond nails, but it hardly requires any maintenance other than a six-month tuneup alignment.

http://treksandiego.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=917
Trek
7.5 FX Disc
$799.99

You get the best of both worlds with Trek's 7.5 FX Disc, plus unmatched stopping power. The Alpha SL Aluminum frame is light and fast, yet sturdy and durable. Avid disc brakes easily check your speed, even on rainy commutes. Bontrager SSR wheels with Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase tires are equally at home on roads, paths, and trails. Plus, a 27-speed drivetrain gives you a wide range of gears to choose from.