[lit-ideas] Re: Oh, Take me to JesusLand!

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:39:58 -0500

Andy:Ask yourself how you would feel if somebody threw you
out of your house and took it for themselves while you had to live in a
tent for refuges. Personally, I'd be pissed. Maybe even more than pissed.
Probably a lot more than pissed.

I would be more than pissed, and was: when the Nazis came into my former
country and basically started terrorizing my neighbors, when the Russians
came to liberate from the Nazis and then proceeded to establish their own
dictatorship and terrorized the neighbors and just about everyone else.

So, what does all this prove?  Nothing, except that we are all
beneficiaries or victims of history.  Defend away at the intifada but
consider.  The intifada has now been to some degree globalized, as I heard
a Palestinian say a few years ago it ought to be.  If you approve of
suicide bombing in Israel, you must approve of it in Europe and elsewhere.
Attacking civilians is attacking civilians.  Everyone who does it has a
'good' reason.  They all just want to pick their reasons.

What solution would you have come up with after the British promised the
Israelis a homeland?  The Arabs did not do to the Jews what the Europeans
did but there you are.  It happens to be the ancestral homeland to both
peoples.  And consider this: the only Arabs to live in a democracy in the
Middle East are the those that reside in Israel.  So evidently they weren't
all removed.  It seems like some million or so of them decided to stay
hoping for a better life which they must believe they have or they would
leave now.

The refugee camps have been preserved and nurtured to use as future
bargaining chips and warriors by their own leaders.  Their leaders have
squandered enormous amounts of money donated by European governments, the
US government and millions of individuals who care about them. Their leader
have also made themselves enormously rich at the expense of these poor
people.

Now then, this has been the history of humanity for as long as we have
known about ourselves.  So now, the rest of us in North America, other than
native Americans and native Canadians, ought to either shut up or go back
where we came from, or where our ancestors came from.

Veronica
Milford, MI