[lit-ideas] Re: Off-topic tech issue

  • From: david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:14:17 -0700

On Sep 8, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Robert Paul wrote:

david ritchie wrote:

Thanks.  I had no idea that the beast even has a battery!

Well, _something_ has to keep that little time/day/date display up to snuff even when your Mac's turned off.

I assumed the hamsters we had hooked up were managing this trick. Now we'll have to off-shore them to an island, where they'll be taken for walks by locals who are in need of fitness.

(The reference is to a squib in the Oregonian this week. Apparently when horses get too old to be ridden they are not merely turned out to pasture; people in need of exercise volunteer to go for walks with them. I have a call in to the Oregon zoo, wondering if I can volunteer to walk say, old tigers, or elephants.)

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon