[lit-ideas] Re: Office Hours

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 06:55:20 -0700 (PDT)

And to do this it costs, now, three bucks.  Before
today it cost half that.  In other words, this miracle
has been free.  Like the playboys of the western
world, we squandered our inheritance and even complain
that gas prices are too high.  Too bad there were no
trustees to slow things down.  But there weren't.
Today's children will probably see the transition into
making an honest living again without oil.

>Imagine
> how
> many men it would take to push an SUV at 60 mph up a
> grade for 15 minutes, in other words, what one
> gallon
> of refined oil will do.  That's the miracle of oil.

Be a better friend, newshound, and