[lit-ideas] Re: Off Base

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:10:32 -0700

On Jun 20, 2006, at 4:28 PM, Simon Ward wrote:

Quite a leap from Ken and Barbie. Which begs a wholly different question concerning philosophers and dolls. A question I've decided not to ask.

I've added three more from the series. Simon must have missed the post about a month ago when I explained that dolls are kind of hot in the art world at the moment. But how did such images come to be on my hard drive? Daughter number one and I set out to have some fun with the digital camera, putting the "camp" in Dadcamp, as it were.

The alien face thing? I bought it in Vancouver years ago. It's covered with cut-up loonies, Canadian dollars. I think it's intended as a commentary on the cost of make-up.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon