[lit-ideas] Re: Of Wine and Scotch (and other stuff too)

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 23:56:13 -0700

On May 3, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

EH:
I guess I'm not much good at history.

I guess you're not! A "B" in history????? Good lord, history is just made up stuff. You don't even have to study it, just talk it.

Were I not knee-deep in theses, I'd comment. Instead let me recommend a wine that I'm sure is not available to you, a schadenfreude move if ever I imagined one: Basket Case, Washington Syrah, 2004, which--as you would not expect--is made in Dundee, Oregon. You'll find it at your local Fred Meyer unless, of course, you live beyond Fred Meyer's reach. Poor you.

How's the snow?  Is it man made, do you think?

David Ritchie,
God's Own Country