[lit-ideas] Occitan

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:41:56 -0600

I stumbled on a Flickr clip which wasn't very good of a portion of an
interview in Occitan.  It was the strangest thing -- what little I could
hear of it sounded something like French spoken with a Spanish accent.  I
need to find some better audio bits of it.  I looked it up and saw a brief
background, etc.  I'm always interested, though, in peoples' personal
experience -- anyone on this list encountered the language?  Know how it's
written?  Conversant in it?  It's kinda intriguing.

Julie Krueger