[lit-ideas] Re: OLD JOKES

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:26:42 -0700

On Jul 15, 2007, at 8:06 PM, John McCreery wrote:
of just this kind, had heard an alarm. There was even a bean salad,
which to me looked distinctly Presbyterian, so anxiety had overspilled
its denominational vessel. You'd have thought I'd died. We saved it
for lunch."

I still can't read this without grinning like mad. How about you?

Yes, I do find it funny. Small world humor, out of Don Camillo or Para Handy, which Garrison Keillor has built into an industry that probably outproduces Alexander McCall Smith, but just by a smidge.

David Ritchie,
Department of Minority Humour
The Vital Spark College
Mudges, Argyll