[lit-ideas] Re: Nuclear Hypocrisy and Iran

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:42:31 -0500

Andreas: So you're hoping if Musharraf is toppled, the USA will immediately attack Pakistan? That'll really go well with the rest of the planet.

Eric: We will destroy Pakistan's nuclear arsenal rather than let it fall into the hands of the Taliban. Big surprise there. I'm not hoping for that; it's a nightmare scenario.

Andreas: Nonsensical fantasies. "Airborne laser platforms" are utterly useless.

Eric: They have already been successfully tested, and are in production and deployment stages. Lasers can strike missiles in the launch phase and blow them up. That's all. Lasers won't replace corrupt bureaucrats, end poverty, create better people, or secure world peace. But they are great against nuclear missiles in the launch phase.