[lit-ideas] Re: Now it's AP photos...

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:18:54 -0400

All of these forms of fraud have the same intent: to serve
as propaganda for Hezbollah, and to make the Israeli attacks
look as brutal as possible. And, taken together, they raise
a very serious question: can any of the coverage by the
entrenched media by trusted?

These are extremely troubling, but does anyone with half a brain REALLY "trust" any media, let alone the entrenched? The news has been completely perverted for ratings purposes for at least 30 years. I saw this when I was 10 years old.

It's like when I observe Stan vs. Omar I can read one and say "oh, Stan's got a good point" and then read Omar's reaction and think "Omar's got a good point." Well can they really both be right? They can both be wrong, but not both be right -- not in the degrees that they are different. You can read two and sometimes three distinctly different takes on any issue these days. All stances are eloquently, cogently argued, but how do you judge which one is 'true'? I have to withhold judgment, because to me, objectivity in these matters forces an undiscernible conclusion.

It is no surprise that journalists are using all the tools (photoshop, preying on emotional, vocal news devourers etc) in their formidable arsenal. It's a pity, but it's really no surprise. I wonder if they realize how cockeyed their motives are and how far those intentions are from their actual effect.

stuck in the middle with you,
Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx