[lit-ideas] Re: Not very neighbourly

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:53:44 -0700

I was responding to the Martin Jacques video Eric posted.  The "we" is the
"West."  Jacques follows Samuel Huntington a little.  He refers to China as
a "Civilization" rather than a nation which is what Huntington does.  The
equivalent "Civilization" is "The West," and while China might surpass
individual nations in "The West," it is a long way and I don't believe it
will ever surpass the entire civilization.

Lawrence