[lit-ideas] Re: Not in the USA??

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:45:55 -0500

Judy attributed:

Thursday, March 31, 2005, 10:21:57 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

EY> Since that event, I have now concluded that they intended
EY> to leave this legacy on the courts and with conservative Republican
EY> dominance with decades to come.  That I think will lead to civil war.

No, Judy, I was quoting Veronica. In reply I wrote this cheerful passage:

A civil war is impossible when one side controls all the territory and
has all the police, troops, attack helicopters, tanks, tear gas, radio
and TV stations, and the will to use them. What is possible are "pockets
of unrest" (cities) and "lawless, vigilante groups" being pacified with
maximum force and minimum public attention.

Then commented on the timing of all the bad stuff and late Spring.

EY