[lit-ideas] Re: Not in the USA??

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:27:58 +0100

Thursday, March 31, 2005, 10:21:57 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

EY> Since that event, I have now concluded that they intended
EY> to leave this legacy on the courts and with conservative Republican
EY> dominance with decades to come.  That I think will lead to civil war.

Congress can override the Supreme Court if necessary (I have the details
somewhere), not simply frustrate its wishes and prevent the execution
of its judgements by failing to allocate money for their
implementation.

But you could be right.

EY> On the other hand, I think it would be good if we were able to lighten
EY> up a bit. A dying woman in Florida, a dying Pope, the death of our hopes
EY> and dreams for America, the death of the eco-system ... and Spring,
EY> which seems to be taking forever to arrive.

April is poetry month!  But also the cruellest...

EY> I wish I were swimming again in the surf off Kauai ... instead I'm
EY> writing this post looking at the steel-wool sky through a narrow window.

Yes. It isn't as bad here but it is pretty grey

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx