[lit-ideas] Re: Not all doom and gloom

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:08:08 -0800 (PST)

Even though exporting humans to far reaches of the galaxy is fanciful and
utterly impossible at this stage of development, and it's this stage of
development that we're trying to outrun, I want to say that it's commendable
that Lawrence has the imagination to come up with it.  It must be part of his
writer's arsenal and acumen as poet.  He obviously believes in the
indominatibility of human know how.  If we believe that we can colonize other
worlds, then certainly we can clean up this one.  The reach must exceed the
grasp...

Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      One of the subjects I?ve been interested in over the years has been
paleo-anthropology.