[lit-ideas] Re: Normal and Revolutionary Learning

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:23:20 -0230

Well done, John. That is truly a very fine account of the distinction. (And not
simply because I completely support its cogency and correctness :-) My
pedagogical point would be perfectly made if, in your penultimate sentence
below, we change "practice" to "mind" (or "dispositions," if you're
anti-Cartesian) and "field" to "student."

Would anybody here be able to recall in one's own biography a case of
revolutionary learning?

Walter O
MUN