[lit-ideas] Re: No wonder Investors Business Daily was happy

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 01:15:03 EDT

And people wonder why the flood protection & prevention funding was  cut?
Why the response time from the Govt was so slow?

Who stood to benefit from this.

More than dismayed.  Absolutely sick.

Julie Krueger
whose Mother pointed out the same thing earlier today -- I called her a
cynical conspiracy theorist, and said she beat me out of the game.  She's
never
been one to put a toe in that camp.  The more I think about it the  more I
think she was right.

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] No wonder Investors
Business Daily was happy  Date: 9/5/05 12:09:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time
From: _Eternitytime1@xxxxxxxx (mailto:Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Hi
Kind of creepy.

I'm not sure which one of us won the bet on Halliburton getting contracts.

Perhaps THEY knew something the rest of us didn't...

Given that they are not the best in handling money, I'm kind of worried  that
they will end up with even more than $500 million--or that we won't get  much
repair out of them.

Dismayed,
Marlena in Missouri

Halliburton subsidiary to do some Katrina cleanup

WASHINGTON A subsidiary of Halliburton already has a contract to do repair
work in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
Kellogg, Brown and Root Services was awarded a 500 (m) million-dollar deal
in July to do emergency repairs for Navy and Marine facilities after natural
disasters.
A Navy spokesman says Kellogg, Brown and Root will be given almost 17 (m)
million dollars for work at Naval Air Station Pascagoula, Naval Station
Gulfport, Stennis Space Center in Mississippi, plus two smaller Navy facilities
 in
New Orleans and others in the South.
The subsidiary has been under fire for the way it's handled its five-year,
no-bid contract in Iraq. Pentagon auditors have questioned tens of (m) millions
 of dollars in charges.
The parent company, Halliburton, was headed by Vice President Cheney from
1995 to 2000.
Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This  material may not
be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.