[lit-ideas] No Country for Old Men (movie)

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:19:20 -0800

Not a movie for people with frivolous minds. They will hate it.

Here's a pretty good review of No Country:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/09/DD5QT7D9V.DTL&type=movies

About Cormac McCarthy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy

His trilogy "All the Pretty Horses," "The Crossing", and "Cities of the Plain" is very powerful. Excellent writing, original style.

McCarthy's novels are like Greek tragedies or stories from the Old Testament. People face reality. We watch how they react.

I recommend "The Crossing". It's a novel about a man and a wolf. That's all. No fluffy dialog, no silly love stories. A man, a wolf, and how they deal with each other.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com