[lit-ideas] No Arctic Ice by 2020?

  • From: "JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 10:03:40 -0500

I wonder how credible this study, combined with the "30 years ahead of
expectations", is.  Any reactions?  If it's likely to be true, pretty severe
environmental ramifications -- animal life, plant life ...   I'm not
humanity as a whole has a sufficient grasp of the dependence we have on our
environment.  I may have mentioned a short time ago (I can't remember) that,
re. the odd disappearance of honey bees, a news piece related that Einstein
once said that if there were no honey bees at all, world-wide, humans would
last 4 years -- pollination being the primary issue.  To think human life
hangs by such a slender thread as this tiny flying thing is humbling.

Julie Krueger