[lit-ideas] Re: Nigerian gun control as an example for us

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:48:21 -0700

You've certainly switched sides, Andreas.  You moved from a we have always
had guns and will always have guns to a more typical Leftist-Pacifist
stance, but comparing gun manufacturers to the tobacco industry isn't
logical.  The tobacco industry is still flourishing; so what precisely is
going away?

Even if you got rid of all the gun manufacturers in the U.S. would that make
guns go away.  Does Nigeria have any gun manufactures.  No.  Does Brazil . .
. whoops.  Brazil does have gun manufacturers.  Shut down Smith and Wesson
and some of our young entrepreneurs will be making fortunes importing
Tauruses.

And since you have introduced cigarettes, let me point out that once you
smoke a cigarette' it is gone.  But once you have a gun, it will last nearly
forever if you take care of it.  And we probably already have 300,000,000
guns in the U.S., but no one knows for sure.

Lawrence