[lit-ideas] Re: Nigel Nicolson

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:02:24 EDT

Oops. I failed to mention the obit is from The Guardian. I couldn't locate
online the NYT one.

In a message dated 10/15/2004 1:56:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jlsperanza
writes:
"He  seemed to love being surrounded by tourists and became something of an
institution at Sissinghurst, where he was known to lean out of his study
window to invite visiting parties of Americans for  tea."

-- not fellow countrypersons? Odd. And how would he know they were
_Americans_ and, say, not Canadians? (Geary should know this).

Cheers,

JL