[lit-ideas] Re: Newt

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 18:04:13 -0800

Staring into space is good, helps the mind work, rests the eyes.  Unlike "the
gaze," which as you know has all kinds of bad things associated with it.  No,
to answer your question, I can't imagine spending any length of time with
parents who listen to Fox News at full volume.  Instead of teeth grinding,
could you not try television grinding?  "Just popping the t.v. into the
blender, Mom.  I saw it in an infomercial.  You put your set into the
blender...couple of minutes of whizz...your thighs become thinner.  Or
something."  Are newts and chameleons related?  What are the chances that
Gingrich will find someone named Guppy or Biff or Trixie to join the ticket?
Can Sarah swim?

Carry on,

David Ritchie,
Portland,