[lit-ideas] Re: New York baby talk....was -- Erin's Course Dilemma

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:41:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Can't say for sure, but I think different accents are being homogenized.  Ever
hear a talking head talk like that?  It's aboot time Canadians noticed they are
not without accent, eh?  Come to think of it, what would upscale speak be
labeled, since we can't say the King's English or the Queen's English.

Andy Amago