[lit-ideas] Re: New York and San Jacinto

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:59:17 -0800

I'm told they do take up space.  Delete and view on the Freelistss website.
They're right there.

No kidding, Irene? You thought that I said what I did for no reason at all? That I was simply wrong? That Eric had no reason to say he'd not send any more such attachments for fear of flooding people's mailboxes (so that what he said really made no sense)?

When you said 'Don't listen Andreas,' exactly what didn't you want him to listen to? My suggestion that he or someone else set up a web page for photo viewing? Why?

My mailbox would probably have accommodated the few files that were sent had it not been stuffed with over 60 emails from Irene Cassidy that came in recently within the space of twelve hours or so.

I hope that no one will follow your nonsensical suggestion to 'delete and view on the Freelists website.' They get to my mailbox (which has over 8,300 emails in it that I want to save) IN ANY CASE. They take up space BEFORE they can be deleted. If my mailbox gets over 90% full, it is annoying to use because of the constant little warning messages that follow every act of saving, deleting, forwarding, etc. If it goes over its capacity it is IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE anything without going to Reed's iMap server. This isn't your problem, but you can help me with it by taking me at my word when I say that if people start sending jpgs., gifs, and so on, it will clog my god damn mailbox in short order. I don't sit constantly before my iBook ready to pounce on any troublesome file: stuff comes in overnight. It comes in when I'm on a walk, or taking a bath, or writing my novel. Comprenez?

Maybe it will be possible for you to see that somebody else might have reasons for what they say. One can always hope.

Robert Paul
Reed College