[lit-ideas] Re: New York and San Jacinto

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:06:54 -0800

Oh, come come, Mr. Paul.  Attachments take no space.  It's fun to see
pictures.  Don't listen Andreas.

There's an easy solution.

1) Set up a blog (use Blogger; it's free)
2) Hand out the ID and password. Thus "all of us" can post to it.
3) You can post pixs to it. Others can see it (no need to log in).

I agree with someone else who said that the current solutiions for pix distribution are not good. It's a serious problem. I go on trips and take 1,500-2,000 photos in 1 MB resolution. How can one possibly distribute that to friends? It's too huge.

Good photos, such as the 360-degree pix of Paris, is 1.76 MB. That pix is being WIDELY distributed; I'd guess tens of thousands of viewers per hr. The poor fellow might get a very large bill. I saved a copy of it to my hard disk.

It's only large 1MB pixs that are worth sending. And how can one send 10-20 of those? It'd seriously clog up mailboxes.

A friend is a photographer artist in New Mexico. She occassionally sends me pixs. These are 4-5 MB each. Spectacular pixs of desert, mountains, landscapes, etc. None of the photo-swap sites can deal with this in any meaningful way. They'd shrink the pix down to a postage stamp and strip out all the detail.

I'm totally maxed out with work. Will someone set up a Blogger acct (just host it at Blogger) and pass out the login info so we can post more pixs?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com