[lit-ideas] Re: New Year's Resolutions

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:16:50 -0500

90 seconds is a long time to take another beating.  I don't want to read
them anymore.

Did you ever read the ACTUAL essays
> that people (including myself) used to carefully craft in Phil-lit?

Essays on philosophy ism's, no, never.  I don't understand them.  Other
essays, always.

Now
> that was effort. I once spent 2 hours writing something for that list. I
> RARELY even edit nowadays, let alone carefully construct stuff. It's
simply
> not worth it when virtually the ONLY person who SHOULD read it, doesn't
> bother.

I assume you're referring to discussions about the books.  I responded to
each and every post line by line.  Clearly I read them.

>  > Dude, you've NEVER seen one of my 'tirades'.
>
> >Are you accustomed to throwing fits in public?
>
> Throwing fits? I defy you to find a public fit thrown by me.

You said that wasn't a tirade ... what difference does it make now.

> >They say writing is a good way to discharge energy.
>
> I sometimes wake up at 3 a.m. and do just that.

Likewise.  I used to a lot more of it.  Hardly do it ever now.

> > > I'll miss you... truly.
> >
> >I don't care if you or you don't.
>
> I thank you for your.

I thought you were telling me to fuck off.  Telling me it would spare you
conversations that Phil was kind enough to point out that nobody wants.