[lit-ideas] Re: New Year Greetings

  • From: John Wager <johnwager@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:26:13 -0600

Judy Evans wrote:

>EY>                 Happy New Year!
>
>SNARL! -- the amazingly loud fireworks have started here already,
>I'm in a "New Year Grinch" mood
>
>-- a universalist one, of course....

Does that mean "Universalist" as in "Unitarian/Universalist" or a more
generic universal wish?

I'm curious, in case it's the former: Are Universalists now altogether
Unitarians?  The lackof dogma for Unitarians may or may not include the
doctrine of apoctatheosis; I'm curious.

(I'm also glad to be able to use that term in a message here, hoping it
will send some scurrying to their theological dictionaries to see a term
that they might not expect from Christianity.)