[lit-ideas] Re: New Song for a New Era.

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:25:21 -0400

It

has its own unique sprung rhythm a la a demential Hopkins and the last line follows my patented technique that I call "break off", wherein another concluding line is called for by all the known forces of poetry and song-writing, a prosodic call that I purposefully turn my back on and thus call attention to the line itself. Though highly criticized as simply bad writing, this technique has won me accolades among many inebriates.

Mike - You're the funniest poet I know. Stan

JE:
(sorry to cut your song!)

That's OK, the only people who could possibly appreciate my song are me. It has its own unique sprung rhythm a la a demential Hopkins and the last line follows my patented technique that I call "break off", wherein another concluding line is called for by all the known forces of poetry and song-writing, a prosodic call that I purposefully turn my back on and thus call attention to the line itself. Though highly criticized as simply bad writing, this technique has won me accolades among many inebriates.

Mike Geary
song wronger of Memphis