[lit-ideas] Re: Neoconservatism replaced by Realpolitik

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:46:02 -0700

Explain this one:

But we would also like the Sunnis who are most opposed to Iran to be our allies against Iran.

Our allies?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, Mar-11-2007 12:15 PM

Oh, this is too funny!

Realpolitik was the basis of foreign policy of the USA from the 1940s
to the 1990s.

The Neocons despised Realpolitik because it meant appeasement with the
Soviet Union,
peaceful co-existence, and cooperation. They demanded a foreign policy
based on ethics: the
USA never tolerates an evil country; the USA has a mission to destroy
evil countries. Thus
the Neocons came to power with W. Bush and launched their wars.

For the past five years, Lawrence has attacked Realpolitik. He has
supported and promoted
Neocon policy.

And now... he lectures me that Realpolitik is a proper policy for the
USA.

More than that, he writes:

> But we would also like the Sunnis who are most opposed to Iran to be
our allies against
> Iran.

Yesterday: "hardly plausible"

Today: "sensible tactics".

Lawrence is now supporting 9.11 jihadi.

How quickly he flipped. How suddenly he forgot his past positions. It
only took one day for
Lawrence to throw everything he believed into the memory hole. How good
he is at
doublethink.

Eastasia is our friend! Eurasia has always been our enemy! Long live
Oceania!

From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, Mar-11-2007 10:41 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: For Lawrence

From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> Lawrence, what do you say to the fact that the Bush White House is
now arming al
>> Qaeda-affiliated jihadi groups?

> On the face of it, it doesn't sound plausible.

Ah, so you admit it's plausible.

Note Lawrence's reply. Lawrence of Arabia doesn't immediately dismiss
as ludicrous or absurd
the idea that Bush is collaborating with Islamic jihadi. Instead,
Lawrence weakly says
"well... on the face of it..."

Lawrence realizes it is indeed plausible. It was these same Sunni Saudi
militants who
carried out 9.11, destroyed the WTC and attacked the Pentagon, but hey,
what's a little
misunderstanding among friends?

Bush is preparing for a war with Iran. Bush and Israel are trying to
provoke a general war
between Sunni and Shiite. He is gathering the Sunni countries, namely,
Egypt, Syria, and
Saudi Arabia, which are threatened by Shiite Iran, into a coalition.
Bush's tactic to
support the Sunni jihadi is a short-term move, done in order to annoy
Iran.

I wouldn't be surprised at all when we find out the US is training the
prisoners at
Guantanamo, arming them, and sending them out to wage new wars.

That's it, Lawrence. No more threat-of-militant-Islam from you. They
are your friends now.
You will now start cheering jihadi. Yesterday, you hated Leftists
because they supported
jihadi. Tomorrow, you'll hate Leftists because they are against the
jihadi.

This reminds me of something... ah, yes. The Communists. Remember in
the 1930s how the
Communists around the world fought against Hitler? And suddenly, there
was the Hitler-Stalin
Pact and Communists were dismayed to find they had to suddenly support
their new allies? And
then Hitler invaded the USSR and became the mortal enemy once again?
Whipsawed back and
forth.

That's Lawrence's situation. The enemy is suddenly his ally, who one
day will be enemy
again. Lawrence of clear principles and total certaincy has to switch
back and forth.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com