[lit-ideas] Re: Neo-Cantianism

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 15:34:24 -0230

This is unadulterated balderdash .. with a touch of horse feathers.  If Kant
really had Scots ancestry, why is there nothing in the authorized biographies
regarding his favourite whiskey? We well know he loved his drink at the "gaming
table" but I doubt it was single malt whiskey. From the views he expressed in
his published writings on the purpose of marriage (gays need not apply) and the
rights of women, prostitutes, servants, natives of the South Seas Islands, and
supporters of the Toronto Maple leafs,  I suspect he was a Kentucky Bourbon
man.

Furthermore, it is eminently well documented that Kant's ancestry on his
mother's side was pure Cossack Russian. (Which explains his views on women.)
His original name, as appearing on his birth certificate issued by the Tserkov
of St Peter and St. Paul, is "Manyev, Mihail, Gavrilov, Illyatch, Lenin,
Kantovsky."  Thanks to the Baltic Sea, there was a large Russian population
living in Koenigsburg at the time. These were emigrees from a Czarist Russia
void of any semblance of deliberative democracy. They were seeking freedom,
fraternity and equality in Prussia. The continuing and growing presence of this
population over historical time motivated and justified their liberation from
the Germans by the Russians. The rest is commentary.

Respectfully submitted,

Valodsya Okshevsky, PhD
Director,
Department of Soviet Historiography