[lit-ideas] Need some help...

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:42:06 -0400

Hi,
This is the latest of the anti-Kerry stuff floating around the Internet.  This
is from a family member (I have avoided sending information about the whole
politics thing to any of them [they  know how I feel] as, up until now, my mom
has been the main one sending it. This was not from her...so I feel that I am
able to make a response to it.)

The 'good' is that I will now innundate them with some of the other information
to counteract what has already, in the past, been sent...

Anyone willing to assist me in that?

Thanks,
Marlena in Missouri

Subject: FW: Made in Mexico

           Made in Mexico

 Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened to

Look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. Yep.... Made In
Mexico"

Check some of your Heinz products. "Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S.
corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreign countries,
taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened.

 However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush
has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a
single factory.

 That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.  According
to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in
Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases
four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North
America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean. 80% of Heinz products
are made overseas.

 I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these
plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico
and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States.
Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies hat relocate
should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he not demand this
of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner? If Kerry is elected,
will he and his wife close all those foreign factories and bring all those jobs
back to America? Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap
labor.

Please e-mail to at least 5 people. Thank you and make your vote count.....