[lit-ideas] Re: National Poetry Month exercise?

  • From: "Mirembe Nantongo" <nantongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:00:09 +0100

Yes, her argument does sound more than a bit dodgy.  "In today's busy world,
many working professionals just don't have the time to read a novel, and
according to Hull, poetry is the answer." ??!

What I really want to know is, if "Beaufort is a town that is now considered
one of the three literary hubs in the United States", which are the other
two literary hubs?

On the other hand, Richard Wilbur is a major babe - poetically anyway (I
have no idea what he actually looks like). E.g.

"Advice to a Prophet
When you come, as you soon must, to the streets of our city,
Mad-eyed from stating the obvious,
Not proclaiming our fall but begging us
In God's name to have self-pity,"

<><><>