[lit-ideas] Re: National Poetry Month exercise?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:12:16 -0500

One might argue that if Richard Wilbur thinks contemporary poetry is too
personal, that rhyming poetry is too Hallmark.  Anybody have any examples
of Hull's poems?  $14.95 is too much for rhymed profundity about the
relationship between the spiritual and physical worlds.  What the hey, it's
a livin'.

Enough time killing.  See ya.

Eric
> >the 15th. If we exclude April's four Sundays (to avoid interrupting any
> >regularly scheduled poetry services) that leaves only 23 more days left.
> >Come on, guys! Andreas, Robert, Judy, David, Mike Chase, Julie, Ursula,
> >John, Veronica, Bill, Carol, Harold, Marlena, all of you - how about it?
And
> >Erin, where the heck is Erin? What about Jorge Luis? What has happened
> >JL??
> >
> >http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/3/emw221248.htm
> >
> >Poetry Month Defined by "New Poets"
> >Rhyming poetry is making a comeback.
> >
> >(PRWEB) March 25, 2005 -- April is National Poetry Month, and is being
> >celebrated by a new genre of poets. These "new" poets are bringing back
old
> >traditions of rhyme and meter, after years of prose poetry that started
with
> >the language poetry of the 1970's.

Something
Tunis,