[lit-ideas] Re: Nabokov vindicated!

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:13:02 -0500

"As cool as living 5 miles from Point Pelee (like me)... it's a small world. I
used to play with monarch caterpillars all the time when I was a tyke and when
I ride my bike through "the point" (it's a National Park for those who don't
know) I still regularly pick one up and move him to the other side of the road
(his/her destination) just so he doesn't get squashed. Not a lot of cars these
days, but still they move quite slowly to cover the 20 feet or so."

I am envious.  You must be a very gentle person to pick them up to help them
out of harm's way.  And very fortunate to live so near.  What a great thing for
your little son.

Veronica Caley

Milford, MI