[lit-ideas] Re: NYTimes.com Article: Long Suspect, a Vermeer Is Vindicated by $30 Million Sale

  • From: "Joe Leduc" <jgl15@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:21:08 -0400

Carol forwards

>Long Suspect, a Vermeer Is Vindicated by $30 Million Sale

From the Times.  For those interested, Artnet.com has images and information
on upcoming and recent major auctions.  Last night's sale is at the top of
the list here:

http://www.artnet.com/net/publicauctionlist.aspx

If it were me, I personally would probably have saved 29 and a half million
and gone for this instead:

http://www.artnet.com/net/PublicLotDetails.aspx?lot_id=423979129&page=2

Possibly one of the Dutch flower still lifes or seascapes available as well.
  Perhaps I can just get a poster...

Joe Leduc
Providence, RI